Cencon Mission Critical Software upgrade...
Cencon Locks with 9-Digit Serial Numbers are now shipping.
Kaba Mas has surpassed the production of the millionth Cencon lock, signifying the end of all possible six-digit serial numbers. Nine-digit serial numbers have been implemented. In order to ensure uninterrupted service, we are communicating the importance of upgrading all downlevel releases of Cencon software to version 4 or above.
In order to service an ATM with a Cencon lock with a nine-digit serial number that has been activated in Cencon 4 software, all parties active in the lock must be running on Cencon version 4 or above. Any version of software below Cencon 4, including CenBank, will not be able to utilize nine-digit serial number locks.
How to Upgrade
Please contact your Kaba representative by calling 888-950-4715.
Join Us for the Next Million!
An Impressive Beginning
When the first Cencon lock rolled off the production line in 1995, nobody associated with the ATM service industry imagined the widespread acceptance this brand new concept in access control would ultimately achieve.
Working in tandem with leading ATM service providers, Cencon was developed to facilitate the simultaneous shared access required by several companies. The use of mechanical spin-dial locks, the primary source of physical security, had exposed weaknesses in the overall security chain. Cencon’s unique dual token requirement of software-generated one time use access codes and smart keys combined with close seal verification revolutionized the ATM servicing industry.
Seventeen years and almost one million locks later, Cencon proudly stands as the most trusted method of securing ATM cash vaults across the globe.
The Next Million
Production of the one millionth Cencon lock will represent a significant milestone that brings with it additional opportunities for new and existing Cencon users. The hardware platform of the Cencon Gen2 lock is the foundation for a wide array of features and advanced functions available now, as well as options in development that will keep Cencon positioned well ahead of any other product in the market. Kaba Mas is committed to staying ahead of potential security threats by employing modern encryption technologies. Additional hardware, firmware and software enhancements will make Cencon stronger and more flexible than ever, presenting operational efficiencies for your organization only possible with the Next Million!
Facts About iButton Keys:
- Dallas Maxim announced end-of-life on the original green/teal Bank Mode key, as well as the blue First Line Maintenance (FLM) and yellow Route mode keys.
- Kaba Mas has been able to secure a quantity of these keys which, based upon current usage, will allow for an uninterrupted supply for a limited number of years.
- Kaba Mas is developing replacements for the Bank and FLM/Route keys that will be available once the supply of original keys has been exhausted. These keys will function in the same manner as the originals.
- Original keys and their replacements will function with both Gen 1 and 2 Cencon locks as they do today, but will offer limited functionality when used with Gen2 locks that have not been activated utilizing Cencon 4 (or higher) software.
- New style iButton keys are available for use with Gen2 locks only, when deployed utilizing Cencon 4 (or higher) software and a USB key box.
Facts About Lock Serial Numbers:
- It is common knowledge that a product with a six-digit serial number will produce one million possible combinations.
- Once Cencon has utilized all possible six-digit serial numbers, a nine-digit serial number will be implemented. In order to be prepared for this and to ensure uninterrupted service, down-level releases of Cencon software must be upgraded to version 4 or above.
- In order to service an ATM with a Cencon lock with a nine digit serial number that has been activated in Cencon 4 software, all parties active in the lock must be running that version of software.